Sign in to follow this  

Definition of NOOB

Let me introduce myself to those who do not know me / never played with me.

I am SentAbrinA on forum and in games. My Name is Eduard, my close friends call me Edwin.

It has been over 11 years I played dota for the 1st time. It was a short period of time (about 2 month). I remember the times when ROSHAN was only good for CHEESE and Aegis could have been build. It was the time we played this game for fun, we were discovering all those heroes (SLARK and INVOKER had not existed, I don't even remember BARA...). Word like "noob" or "feeder" did not exist, I remember "freekill". And even if some one called you bad, it was not insulting. Real fun I might say.

Now, about 2/3 years ago I joined OHS community and started playing here, because I saw people knowing each other were playing together. It felt like a real solid community/friendship type of games. But soon after I was called NOOB, insulted in every game. When I asked for help I got that in return: "Delete dota you noob" "fuck you noob" "go play tetris noob"

Enough crying :D Now real deal!!!

I would like each one of you reading this post to explain: What is your personal deffinition of word "NOOB"?

Thank you in return ;)

Edited by sentabrina

Guest Storm-

A Noob is someone new to the game, who hasnt grasped the basics of the game yet.

Also, what you just detailed about your life as a noob dota player, didnt just happen to you, it happens to every single player who played the game. We were all called noobs, and everyone wanted to kick us, and the more we played, the better we got. It is that simple.

Also in regards to flame, just report the guilty party and move on, dont dwell on it, who gives a fuck what a random bob on the internet calls you?

25 minutes ago, sentabrina said:

Let me introduce myself to those who do not know me / never played with me.

I am SentAbrinA on forum and in games. My Name is Eduard, my close friends call me Edwin.

It has been over 11 years I played dota for the 1st time. It was a short period of time (about 2 month). I remember the times when ROSHAN was only good for CHEESE and Aegis could have been build. It was the time we played this game for fun, we were discovering all those heroes (SLARK and INVOKER had not existed, I don't even remember BARA...). Word like "noob" or "feeder" did not exist, I remember "freekill". And even if some one called you bad, it was not insulting. Real fun I might say.

Now, about 2/3 years ago I joined OHS community and started playing here, because I saw people knowing each other were playing together. It felt like a real solid community/friendship type of games. But soon after I was called NOOB, insulted in every game. When I asked for help I got that in return: "Delete dota you noob" "fuck you noob" "go play tetris noob"

Enough crying :D Now real deal!!!

I would like each one of you reading this post to explain: What is your personal deffinition of word "NOOB"?

Thank you in return ;)

First thing, LOL.

2nd.

There is actually a clear definition of the word noob. It means as much as someone who is new to the game, a beginner or in some cases unwilling to learn it.

Most of the times players just use it on guys who suck at this game no matter how long they play :D

or in my personal definition: some1 i dont want to play with because that little shit just doesnt want to learn and loves to ruin

hope you are satisfied with that answer xD

Guest Storm-
2 minutes ago, l2p.com said:

First thing, LOL.

2nd.

There is actually a clear definition of the word noob. It means as much as someone who is new to the game, a beginner or in some cases unwilling to learn it.

Most of the times players just use it on guys who suck at this game no matter how long they play :D

or in my personal definition: some1 i dont want to play with because that little shit just doesnt want to learn and loves to ruin

hope you are satisfied with that answer xD

Bet you felt like a noob after I played you like a champ last night with Pl xD

A new player is a newbie.

A noob is a player like @CryWolf, playing for years, but do not develope into a better player.
I know people that play horrible dota2, i actually didn't believe they played it 2 years for fun already and haven't learned basic concepts.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • FatCat 1

Just now, Storm- said:

Bet you felt like a noob after I played you like a champ last night with Pl xD

i felt left alone by my team maximum

Its not very hard to lose such a game stormy :D you hide behind smurf so i wouldnt know its you and wont target you, while i on the other hand get perma focused by your whole team including you cause of elo. And in the end i still got most farm and lvl of my tard team xD

Guest Storm-
Just now, l2p.com said:

i felt left alone by my team maximum

Its not very hard to lose such a game stormy :D you hide behind smurf so i wouldnt know its you and wont target you, while i on the other hand get perma focused by your whole team including you cause of elo. And in the end i still got most farm and lvl of my tard team xD

I was talking about the very end, when I fought you by your fountain, you tried to stun me twice, and I dodged both, like I dodged my child support payments

Just now, Storm- said:

I was talking about the very end, when I fought you by your fountain, you tried to stun me twice, and I dodged both, like I dodged my child support payments

haha thats what you meant.

not like i tried hard right at the fountain, but well done well done xD

56 minutes ago, l2p.com said:

Excellent answer

58 minutes ago, Storm- said:

A Noob is someone new to the game, who hasnt grasped the basics of the game yet.

I like that :)

54 minutes ago, GriefCode said:

A new player is a newbie.

A noob is a player like @CryWolf, playing for years, but do not develope into a better player.

Alright.

Cute definition for CryWolf xD

6 minutes ago, sentabrina said:

xD CutiePie 

Why don't you tell us your personal definition of NOOB?

Playing same hero over and over again, stacking vs random ppz and think you are good :D

@Storm- noob =/= newbie

Newbie is new player :D

I rekt you, you are noob! You rekt me, you are no lifer ! :D

9 minutes ago, CryWolf said:

Playing same hero over and over again, stacking vs random ppz and think you are good :D

@Storm- noob =/= newbie

Newbie is new player :D

I rekt you, you are noob! You rekt me, you are no lifer ! :D

OH, I like that deffinition!!! :)

10 minutes ago, Bee said:

LEL :D

Why don't you tell us more of your definition? o.O

just a thing to the topic: like 99% of this huge sea of noobs out there are not even willing to listen to what recommendations ppl give them. so u seem to be exceptional since u r the first "noob" who really wants the advice to use it

6 minutes ago, EliteShadow said:

Same as grief, new player= newbie 

a player that has been playing for relatively a long time but can't get better and loves to ruin/not communicating at all/assuming retarded behaviours in game=noob 

like ORIGINAL G.o.d.

NOM NOM NOM YOU ARE MY FOOD

• Haha 1

Guest Storm-
35 minutes ago, Graou said:

There is also the advance noob who values K/D more than victory

Thats Me.

Guest Drakonia[DRK]

So for me is a noob who begion new with dota or generally with wc3.  Or someone who never want learn or listen to other to get better.