Maintenance work Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The-EGS-TV

DotA -ap

Guest The-EGS-TV

yes well if you really want to play the real good old dota, it is either -ap, -cm, -cd , -sd modes, which brings up the real challenges and fun in games.

Guest The-EGS-TV
39 minutes ago, kakapo said:

I would like to see a couple of bans and alternate picking, something similar to Captain's Mode.

if it is ap mode, no bans are needed since every hero needs skill not autoplay

On 13.01.2018 at 9:20 AM, The-EGS-TV said:

good old dota games played in lan before all the online stuff with -em modes. real challenges between good players like you, gajtan and others. i don't think that it needed explanation

good old 10 years ago dota CASH elo league with 5 stages, witout EM or other shit only in CM mode.... good old times

after all best is CD

Edited by Sweet_acc_pr0sa

Guest The-EGS-TV

well since all players prefer to have easy wins all day long without even farming, there is no point of playing this shit game. either ways, you cannot have what you want or what is needed either in -em or in -ap, cause all these players out there are just pussies and no one willing to play nice. bara, slark, lc and sniper in every game.

Edited by The-EGS-TV

27 minutes ago, The-EGS-TV said:

well since all players prefer to have easy wins all day long without even farming, there is no point of playing this shit game. either ways, you cannot have what you want or what is needed either in -em or in -ap, cause all these players out there are just pussies and no one willing to play nice. bara, slark, lc and sniper in every game.

Can you lot stop bitching about Sniper, Bara, Slark and LC picks. Do you lot fucking shit yourselves at the sight of them or what? Its 2018 and you guys are acting like those picks are unbeatable or something.

Sniper has a 46% winrate on this bot, LC is below 50 as well, Bara has 51 but I've never seen an actual good one, Slark is a 800 Hp hero for the first 20 minutes on most players that play him.

There are only 2 trash heroes in Dota and thats Geo and Techies, Geo cuz he is broken as shit and tech because he is a troll hero who mastubates at the thought of ruining games for people.

1 hour ago, Storm- said:

Can you lot stop bitching about Sniper, Bara, Slark and LC picks. Do you lot fucking shit yourselves at the sight of them or what? Its 2018 and you guys are acting like those picks are unbeatable or something.

Sniper has a 46% winrate on this bot, LC is below 50 as well, Bara has 51 but I've never seen an actual good one, Slark is a 800 Hp hero for the first 20 minutes on most players that play him.

There are only 2 trash heroes in Dota and thats Geo and Techies, Geo cuz he is broken as shit and tech because he is a troll hero who mastubates at the thought of ruining games for people.

guess what?! @The-EGS-TV play only techies and meepo xD

• Drooling 1

Guest Graou

Geo isnt broken without em

So what is the result of the match ? :D

18 minutes ago, Graou said:

Geo isnt broken without em

So what is the result of the match ? :D

Has OHS suddenly stopped being an EM bot?

Guest The-EGS-TV

jaYPnm.jpg

yea as always, i have to agree with @CryWolf that he is completely wrong, like in other things

Guest Graou
15 minutes ago, Storm- said:

Isn't it an ap topic ?

44 minutes ago, Graou said:

Isn't it an ap topic ?

Lets break this down for you big boy:

By @The-e.g.s-Tv

Now clearly he is saying that these following heroes BARA, SLARK, LC and SNIPER are broken in EM (Goes as far as to say that there is no point playing when people pick these heroes) TO WHICH I RESPOND:

By @Storm-

So how we doing @Graou , you managed to follow these simple steps? Or do you wanna go lie down and wave the white flag?

Now In the course of telling EGS that none of the heroes he listed were broken in EM, I proceeded to highlight the only one which is, which is Geo. Which you then go ahead and agree with me by dropping this absolute pearl of wisdom:

By @Graou

Geo isnt broken without em.

So you read everything that EGS and I wrote, and still couldn't grasp that we were talking about heroes that were broken in EM, and when I basicly tell you this via:

By @Storm-

You drop in for one last pearl of wisdon:

By @Graou

Isn't it an ap topic ?

Because never in the history of Topics has there been discussed similar matters to what it was originally.

Now If you did follow through all that, have a lolli

Edited by Storm-
  • FatCat 1

Guest Graou

Ok sorry I miss judged you.

So never in history of topics you can go back to the initial topic ?

8 hours ago, Storm- said:

Geo techies AND bara plz :D 

I'm not entirely sure what happened here... I guess I didn't pay enough attention on time lol.

Alright, so basically, I love the idea of playing games without easy mode and I fully support the 6.85k version over the current one. 

As for the mode, I'd suggest playing modes such as -rd, -cm, and -cd. I don't have anything against -ar and -sd but I feel like those do not give you enough hero choices (at least not for everyone). I understand that there are people who can only play specific roles in the game (carry / tank / support) or prefer playing specific heroes, and I respect that.

As for the map, I stand behind Drakolich's 6.85k version and I support it due to several reasons. Some of those are:

- Major bug fixes;

- Improved hero / spell / item interactions;

- Drastically improved Illusions interactions;

- Disabled Easy Mode;

- Additional items;

- Additional spell upgrades;

- Improved graphics;

- Several new features, such as "-cam XXXX" command, improved "-disablehelp" command, gold net worth,  fully explained spell damage types and written on each spell individually, etc.

Some of the additional pluses I see in this version are "higher skill / quality games" (since the current meta is consisted of idiots buying Bashers cause they can pretty much get enough gold for it just by afking), wider hero pick options (since most Intelligence heroes aren't even considered as an option on Easy Mode) and genuinely better gaming experience (since the version isn't filled with shitty bugs).

I know the main issue will most likely be the transition from one version to another, mostly because of Easy Mode, general map / shop changes and graphic differences, but I think it's worth it. Sure, some heroes still have "advantages" over others but I guarantee that there isn't a single hero that can do anything similar to what Geomancer does in 6.83d. I'm not saying current Geomancer is unstoppable, I'm just taking him as an example considering the amount of effort you need to put into the game to "negate" his advantages on the current map.

So far I was able to find only a couple of bugs (insignificant amount compared to ones in the current version) in the 6.85k and the only thing I dislike about it is the FPS drop which occurs after 40th minute mark. Of course, there is a possibility that I'm the only one who has this issue (since my computer is a piece of crap) but I felt the need to share this info, since others may have the same problem. Other than that, it's a great experience playing it.

I won't talk about hero picks and meta heroes (at least not for now) because most heroes that were "OP" in the 6.83d were nerfed back to normal, and furthermore the length of my response is already long enough, but I am willing to hear your share of thoughts regarding all this.

So... Yea... I really hope I didn't miss the subject here. At least the good thing is, even if I did I doubt you guys will even read all this text so... Meh, I guess :)

As always, apologies for my bad English, and yea... That's pretty much it from me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Gajtan said:

So far I was able to find only a couple of bugs (insignificant amount compared to ones in the current version) in the 6.85k and the only thing I dislike about it is the FPS drop which occurs after 40th minute mark.

Oh... I know that somewhere from.
This is one of the reasons I refuse to host the new map. You now see a lot of advantages, but people that played LoD on this platform know about the permanent issues on bugs/crashes and randomness of errors. I want to avoid that the same will happen with dota. It was already annoying enough ;) 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

As much as I'd love it for OHS to move to the newer map, I don't think its gonna happen. I don't think it would have a big impact, or any impact on the player base, and even if it did, it is just as likely that it would attract other players to. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

GIVE ME MAH LOTUS ORB!

4 hours ago, Storm- said:

As much as I'd love it for OHS to move to the newer map, I don't think its gonna happen. I don't think it would have a big impact, or any impact on the player base, and even if it did, it is just as likely that it would attract other players to. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

GIVE ME MAH LOTUS ORB!

Bristle with Octarine & full items.. (inc ate 2 shards) :D Unstopable?

1 hour ago, GriefCode said:

Cent does easily counter that.

Besides, you have an item in 6.85 to counter him anyway.

5 hours ago, GriefCode said:

Oh... I know that somewhere from.
This is one of the reasons I refuse to host the new map. You now see a lot of advantages, but people that played LoD on this platform know about the permanent issues on bugs/crashes and randomness of errors. I want to avoid that the same will happen with dota. It was already annoying enough ;) 

I've been playing (and watching people play) this version for a while now and I really haven't seen any extraordinary bugs and / or major crashes but I do agree with you on this, especially cause I haven't played LoD for a couple of years now. Maybe I was just lucky enough not to see the downsides or I just didn't pay enough attention to it, but at the end of the day - sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry. 

Also, there is a possibility that I simply cannot have an objective opinion on which map is better, since I'm really fed up with the amount of bugs in 6.83d, especially the ones involving Linken's Sphere. 

To sum it up, I'd still choose the 6.85k  over the current one cause I feel that it's a good enough risk to take for the sake of changes and innovations. Of course, that's just my opinion :)

1 hour ago, Bee said:

Bristle with Octarine & full items.. (inc ate 2 shards) :D Unstopable?

That's what Silver Edge is for mate, yet another reason why I love the 6.85k :D Passive ability break ftw!