Sign in to follow this  
Guest The-EGS-TV

Solution to fix widescreen resolution for WC3

Guest The-EGS-TV

Hey all,

i have been asked several times if there is a solution for widescreen resolution fix for warcraft 3, so i decided to make a guide on how to fix it.

I already made the guide on another forum before, so this would be like a little reminder.

Changing resolustion for Widescreen tv

Warcraft 3 by todays standards is an old game, but it is still popular. Larger monitors, 21" or larger, have native resolutions that are not supported by Warcraft 3. There is, of course, a way to force Warcraft 3 (both Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne) to run in a high or widescreen resolution. The only way to do this is to do a simple registry edit. I have included a couple of pictures to demonstrate how to do this registry edit. I have done this before in the past and it is safe.

First, we need to open a 'run' window. Go to Start--->Run--->RegEdit. Then follow the below navigation...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Blizzard Entertainment\\Warcraft III\\Video

There are two variables that you must change: resheight and reswidth.

Make sure you change the default hex value to decimal value.

Example - 24" widescreen with 1920x1200 resolution.

reswidth = 1920
resheight = 1200

You may have to restart Warcraft 3 for the change to take effect. Thats all there is to it! Have fun playing Warcraft 3 with your monitor's native resolution.

Guest The-EGS-TV

Note: i am on the phone so i will add the pictures when i am home.

( if needed )

Edited by The-EGS-TV

Guest The-EGS-TV
34 minutes ago, RELOADED said:

wtf? i can set my resolution in options and i have 27'' works just fine (1440p) without any reg edits.

for the ones who have 42 inch screens and wish to play without blurry graphics, it is the solution for it atm.

however as i heard, the new upcoming patch will have support for widescreen resolutions ( hopefully )

yes it will, i hope we will finally see mana bars in game by default without making program for it. i miss damn mana  bars.

I USE BIG LETTERS ONLY WHEN I NEED TO RHETORICALLY ENHANCE MEANING OF MY WORDS, CLEAR ENOUGH?

i tested public beta version of 1.29 patch. menu is still like when u use 800x600 resolution sadly but in game resolution works just fine for wide screens.

Guest The-EGS-TV

true, but as you said, it is still in beta since they are working on the inside of the game, not the main menu etc. they will apply the rest when all is completed