What should be updated?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep the current Elo system?

• Yes
    • No, get back the old system
    • Yes, when removing the 1300 limit

As we have some various feedback, here is a poll. Results are taken tomorrow morning and depending on the poll we will change the Elo rating.

Greetings

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

Game Link: https://ohstats.net/en/game/73769

What happened to this new ELO system? People left game and i stayed until the last & the system recorded as automatic draw/

The game got disconnected and recorded me as lose and - 8 ELO?

I didn't leave nor choose to draw, i play 1 game to win 1.7 ELO and because of this it deduced 8 elo from me.

Thanks

Rikimaru :)

Edited by Rik

I have noted the fake accounts, nevertheless, the non fake accounts are still a number in this poll.

I did not expect that the result is this close, so I am currently considering the way we are going in the future... This is why I have not done any patching or updating. 
If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know them.

Greetings

I like this ELO system, is more competitive but what i RLY dislike is the Draw system

I understand draw is not a win but is not a lose neither, how @bunek told me few days ago, is a gentleman agreement to close the game and proceed forward to the next one. Is nobody fault that a guy DC/Rage quit at the start and losing elo because of this ( or gaining ) dosent make any sense

Cheers

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, GriefCode said:

I have noted the fake accounts, nevertheless, the non fake accounts are still a number in this poll.

I did not expect that the result is this close, so I am currently considering the way we are going in the future... This is why I have not done any patching or updating. 
If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know them.

Greetings

Thank you Grief, can i have the 8 elo lose due to the automatic recorded draw after players left please :D

https://ohstats.net/en/game/73769

Thanks

RIkimaru

27 minutes ago, CryWolf said:

I like this ELO system, is more competitive but what i RLY dislike is the Draw system

I understand draw is not a win but is not a lose neither, how @bunek told me few days ago, is a gentleman agreement to close the game and proceed forward to the next one. Is nobody fault that a guy DC/Rage quit at the start and losing elo because of this ( or gaining ) dosent make any sense

Cheers

Do you mean when the game has been drawn by the players using the "!draw" command? If yes, this is a bug, normally it should be detected and not be counted. Only draws caused by leavers and non-draws by vote should count.

29 minutes ago, Rik said:

Thank you Grief, can i have the 8 elo lose due to the automatic recorded draw after players left please :D

https://ohstats.net/en/game/73769

Thanks

RIkimaru

As we most likely have a recalculation of the stats with several adjustments, I wont do manual work now :P 

Greetings

6 minutes ago, GriefCode said:

Do you mean when the game has been drawn by the players using the "!draw" command? If yes, this is a bug, normally it should be detected and not be counted. Only draws caused by leavers and non-draws by vote should count.

As we most likely have a recalculation of the stats with several adjustments, I wont do manual work now :P 

Greetings

Thank you Grief, and really for your hard work to keep this community.

Rikimaru

This elo change is not good at all, when you lose game elo change is not fair ( https://ohstats.net/en/game/73910 as you can see here for M4rusy) player )...so if someone lose he have to win like 5-6 games to have same score before lost game...Greeting and thanks for reading! 

Again me, i want to say new elo change would be great but it need to be fixed like: If player lose and he had good efford in game like 10-3-9 k-d-a he should lose less elo then others in his team...same situation is in winning team, carrie who won the most gold most creeps and most kills should have the most elo in his team. This does not work for now! Greetings!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevie. said:

Only stackers voted to go back to the old elo systemxD(sad)

distribution of elo isnt fer here, if you want to stuck you can stuck with mates like always :)

49 minutes ago, marcipan032 said:

This elo change is not good at all, when you lose game elo change is not fair ( https://ohstats.net/en/game/73910 as you can see here for M4rusy) player )...so if someone lose he have to win like 5-6 games to have same score before lost game...Greeting and thanks for reading! 

Again me, i want to say new elo change would be great but it need to be fixed like: If player lose and he had good efford in game like 10-3-9 k-d-a he should lose less elo then others in his team...same situation is in winning team, carrie who won the most gold most creeps and most kills should have the most elo in his team. This does not work for now! Greetings!

Its not completely true, the amount of efforts put in the game cant be justified by Kills / assists alone.

For example, i play omni a lot but my kills and assists are not much because i use the repel and ulti to help team mates a lot.

Does it right? because Omni hero get very low kills and low assists due to the natural of magic itself

Kind regards

Rikimaru

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Rik said:

Its not completely true, the amount of efforts put in the game cant be justified by Kills / assists alone.

For example, i play omni a lot but my kills and assists are not much because i use the repel and ulti to help team mates a lot.

Does it right? because Omni hero get very low kills and low assists due to the natural of magic itself

Kind regards

Rikimaru

so you want to say that in rikis nature (if you saw link i posted) is to win like 100% ,if he dont then 4x elo lost then my teammates...comon man...

12 hours ago, marcipan032 said:

Did you read thru the system?
As more elo as you get as more you loose on a loss. This is actually the normal rating for chess, so it is kinda fair :P 
Just the issue that I added a multiplier at 1300 Elo does make the changes on a loss a lot bigger.

12 hours ago, Rik said:

Kind regards

Rikimaru

That'a a valid point, or even buying wards. This is one of the reasons why I am against the system of having Elo gain based on in-game stats.

11 hours ago, marcipan032 said:

so you want to say that in rikis nature (if you saw link i posted) is to win like 100% ,if he dont then 4x elo lost then my teammates...comon man...

That's based on your prior score, you had a lot more elo than your teammates.

I'm still not sure how we proceed on that topic that we find a suitable solution for all of us. I'm still tinkering around with my thoughts overall.

Greetings

Imo draws should only cause elo loss if the team with the higher win rate % has the leaver

cause we just had a game where we lost elo cause an enemy left pretty much in the first minute we drew and lost elo.. makes no sense

22 minutes ago, FatmanKROUM said:

Imo draws should only cause elo loss if the team with the higher win rate % has the leaver

cause we just had a game where we lost elo cause an enemy left pretty much in the first minute we drew and lost elo.. makes no sense

As said like dozens of times, this is a bug, it should actually work as you expect :P 

• Like 1

Think youre doing excellent job with this new elo system grief. Because everone knew that if lapio is rank 1, maybe the elo system is not right.

• Thanks 1

On 4.3.2018 at 7:32 PM, marcipan032 said:

lol, so why did he lose double the elo as hamaroshan? they both have like same elo...

also i gna add some thought here so it sticks:
i think new system is good, but why you get rid of the only good thing the old one offered, that is individuality. why not balance it?  of course, ppl who farmed whole game got like 20 elo whilst having like 0 kills and assists (i.e. no teamplay)- solution:  balance it, like, u could add a boundary (depending on elo or someshit) in which this individuality (effort u put into the game, buying wards, teamplay, assists etc) can contribute to your elo gain. or if u lose, this individuality could make u lose less elo (also in the mentioned boundary)

so all in all: why abandon it entirely instead of making it better?

not even mentioning things like "best killer" "MVP" or other statistics that make it more competetive and sure are easy to include.

Guest The-EGS-TV

may i suggest for the ones who keep quitting games, get a penalty of -5 elo each game they leave? it really sucks that you have to play 3vs5 against really shit picks, and can own them easy but there is no way to win... 

a small example about what i am talking about : https://ohstats.net/en/game/74521

1 hour ago, The-EGS-TV said:

may i suggest for the ones who keep quitting games, get a penalty of -5 elo each game they leave? it really sucks that you have to play 3vs5 against really shit picks, and can own them easy but there is no way to win... 

a small example about what i am talking about : https://ohstats.net/en/game/74521

I agree, say 1 week can only disconnected once, if a player dc more than once a week, then the 2nd time will be 10 elo deducted, if the player doesnt dc for more once, then it will be reset, not sure its hard to do it tho :D

4 hours ago, caphalor. said:

lol, so why did he lose double the elo as hamaroshan? they both have like same elo...

also i gna add some thought here so it sticks:
i think new system is good, but why you get rid of the only good thing the old one offered, that is individuality. why not balance it?  of course, ppl who farmed whole game got like 20 elo whilst having like 0 kills and assists (i.e. no teamplay)- solution:  balance it, like, u could add a boundary (depending on elo or someshit) in which this individuality (effort u put into the game, buying wards, teamplay, assists etc) can contribute to your elo gain. or if u lose, this individuality could make u lose less elo (also in the mentioned boundary)

so all in all: why abandon it entirely instead of making it better?

4 hours ago, caphalor. said:

not even mentioning things like "best killer" "MVP" or other statistics that make it more competetive and sure are easy to include.

I did not mention that I want to abandon one of the solutions completely, it was never an intention. I just head out and made 2 extreme sided solutions. I'm still playing around with finding a suitable solution that is directly in the middle and provides anything that has been requested over the days, but this is a really hard task to do. As it is difficult to find an algorithm that does both, influence individual players and their stats, their prior score and a limit overall that does punish stacking.

I surely think that we won't have an ideal solution within the next 2 months, but I rather prefer making the huge moves in the beginning than in the last phases. 

Maybe, just as an idea, it is wrong to even show the ELO. Moreover, create skill groups, and group players into them and keep the ELO hidden. So people actually do not know their ELO. This already works out on a lot bigger games, just take dota2, cs:go, lol etc as an example.

Greetings

4 minutes ago, GriefCode said:

I did not mention that I want to abandon one of the solutions completely, it was never an intention. I just head out and made 2 extreme sided solutions. I'm still playing around with finding a suitable solution that is directly in the middle and provides anything that has been requested over the days, but this is a really hard task to do. As it is difficult to find an algorithm that does both, influence individual players and their stats, their prior score and a limit overall that does punish stacking.

I surely think that we won't have an ideal solution within the next 2 months, but I rather prefer making the huge moves in the beginning than in the last phases. 

Maybe, just as an idea, it is wrong to even show the ELO. Moreover, create skill groups, and group players into them and keep the ELO hidden. So people actually do not know their ELO. This already works out on a lot bigger games, just take dota2, cs:go, lol etc as an example.

Greetings

Hi Grief,

I think we should back the old system but changes as below:

1) elo apply to all members if they win, likewise to the lose team as well. Then support and carries will get the same elo when they win''

2) Leavers get punish''

3) Draw = draw''

4) > 3 leavers within 5 minutes = auto draw

Cheers

Rikimaru

Edited by Rik