What should be updated?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep the current Elo system?

• Yes
    • No, get back the old system
    • Yes, when removing the 1300 limit

4 minutes ago, GriefCode said:

I did not mention that I want to abandon one of the solutions completely, it was never an intention. I just head out and made 2 extreme sided solutions. I'm still playing around with finding a suitable solution that is directly in the middle and provides anything that has been requested over the days, but this is a really hard task to do. As it is difficult to find an algorithm that does both, influence individual players and their stats, their prior score and a limit overall that does punish stacking.

I surely think that we won't have an ideal solution within the next 2 months, but I rather prefer making the huge moves in the beginning than in the last phases. 

Maybe, just as an idea, it is wrong to even show the ELO. Moreover, create skill groups, and group players into them and keep the ELO hidden. So people actually do not know their ELO. This already works out on a lot bigger games, just take dota2, cs:go, lol etc as an example.

Greetings

ah, nice so my imagination is what u had in mind anyway. also, time is of no issue to me at least

56 minutes ago, GriefCode said:

I did not mention that I want to abandon one of the solutions completely, it was never an intention. I just head out and made 2 extreme sided solutions. I'm still playing around with finding a suitable solution that is directly in the middle and provides anything that has been requested over the days, but this is a really hard task to do. As it is difficult to find an algorithm that does both, influence individual players and their stats, their prior score and a limit overall that does punish stacking.

I surely think that we won't have an ideal solution within the next 2 months, but I rather prefer making the huge moves in the beginning than in the last phases. 

Maybe, just as an idea, it is wrong to even show the ELO. Moreover, create skill groups, and group players into them and keep the ELO hidden. So people actually do not know their ELO. This already works out on a lot bigger games, just take dota2, cs:go, lol etc as an example.

Greetings

That skill groups thing with hidden elo sounds dope to me, :D 10/10 would love to have it here

Is it possible to link the hero u play with the supposed way of of playing in order to measure the actual impact on the teamplay? Some int-hero who is warding like hell but not getting kills is kinda more usefull in overall than the same int-hero just ksing kills from the carry.

We all know the situation that someone joins the game, has low or high elo, but plays not like the elo would suggest it.

I can imagine its hard to do the link: hero-way_of_playing, but its the ground rule in dota - to act as a teamplayer IMHO.

Our forum provider announced that soon the IPS 4.3 Beta will be released. I assume it will be in around a month.
Nevertheless, I will start this weekend with the development of the new authentication, the next step is probably then pushing forward to solve the Elo algorithm problem, for that, I will create a new topic very soon which adds up all ideas and thoughts.

I would kindly ask for feedback on the new ideas, so we can avoid that I implement something people don't like in the end and just wastes my time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest The-EGS-TV

hey all, i have voted no when this toll was first made, and as i found out i believe that my vote was a little bit too quick. the system is quite fair for everyone, including low elo players and high elo players, if you see the elo calculation that it was used before, it wasn't fair at all.

for example if you pick meepo, = autofarm between lanes, + due to the -apem unskilled players only a few of players can actually play and defeat a good meepo player, nonetheless even playing an unfair game and picking meepo, gets you to win around 12-15 elo, cause of the bonuses. 

well, as we see now, games are being more fair now with wins/losses on both sides, ( stackers will always exisit, sometimes me included ), but the elo calculation is way too fair than the old one. though there were 2 problems, thanks to @GriefCode 1 of them is fixed, which is the draw was counted as a loss.

2nd problem is, that not knowing scores or elo of each player ( in lobby ), makes it a lot difficult to actually dodge the ( sorry to say but, ) actual brain damaged  players that after like 2k games, they cannot either play safe, play with the team or even pick good items for their heroes, not to mention insulting the ones who try to tell them what items to get. honestly i hope that this would be fixed?

otherwise, the system is pretty good, therefore i wanna change my vote to yes, thank you @GriefCode for the effort that has been done so far and the accomplishments in this.

thank you and have a nice evening

On 12.3.2018 at 7:34 AM, imbaranker said:

just do elo balance on game start on -apem

i think with the new elo system the Auto Balance could actually turn out quiet well.

Before it was not possible because you would have one side the 1x 4k elo player with 4x 1k elo players and on the other side for example 3x 2k elos and 2x 1k.

But now that all the players are more together with the elo, it could work out well to balance games.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

What you see the balanced ELO is not precise. The truth is with the new ELO, more players are stacked even more because they can' afford to lose. 

If they lose 1 games, they need to win 10 games to get the ELO back once get to 1300 mark. 

However, the score command, will represent, maybe 1+++ versus 12++

This is why you see the "balanced" ELO in both team because the difference is not much but the stacked in reality is greater than ever.

Rikimaru