Maintenance work Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

New Elo System Plan (Finally)

Hey community,

as you noted, i was really silenced the last 2 months, the main reason when it comes to a more silenced period is that i'm tinkering different options on a specific idea, this time, it was once again the ELO system.

Yes i do know, the current system sucks, yes, i do know, we need a new system.

But as further I'm thinking about it, as easier it should become. Some main principles:

• There won't be a special ELO gain for any ingame achievements, such as most kills, most wards bought or anything related to it, this system does simply not work out. I had several algorithm's tested over the past weeks, which simulated different values and multipliers, none of them was fair.
  • There wont be a special reduction / increase for single players on a win or loose
  • The ELO will be even as you might know it from the past. Except, we introduce the more modern version, called glicko rating, it has some changes, like players with less than 10 games are always fixed on an ELO rating and much more, read yourself the article to understand it in depth.
    This is btw. the same algorithm that is currently used for dota 2.
  • The ELO changes for one game can go up to 45 points, while on balanced games it should be more like +25/-25

With this integration we will also get new stuff:

• Play style graph, many people might already know that from dota 2. It should be an easy step to integrate it aside the new ELO algorithm.
    This does also reflect in another way the players skill.

Planned stuff and ideas:

• Hero levels for single players, relics for heroes, weekly challenges for specific heroes that are fully randomized and some more stuff
  • Weekly and daily challenges
  • Community challenges - this is explained soon in more depth, i think that will make our platform a lot more attractive for other players.

As you might have already seen, there is a new stats page, all new stuff is directly developed there.

Best Regards,
Grief

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hi,

What exectly u mean with this

The ELO changes for one game can go up to 45 points, while on balanced games it should be more like +25/-25

So u can win or loose 25 elo in one game?

Or is it like the old elo system...if u stack u get 2-3 elo and the winning team get 10-15?

3 minutes ago, DOMINIK264 said:

Hi,

What exectly u mean with this

So u can win or loose 25 elo in one game?

Or is it like the old elo system...if u stack u get 2-3 elo and the winning team get 10-15?

It's quite the normal, old system. As more you stack, as lower elo-points you can gain. When the team is equal, every player gains/lose same amount of elo-points.

Old elosystem be like : Oh you have 1300 elo and u have worse avarage team elo. Looks like -15 elo to you lmao

• Haha 1